This years' meeting was all about moving forward along a new path as the organization moves into the next phase of our current 5 year plan. This year the format of the meeting took a more celebratory tone, rather than a summary board meeting. Those in attendance dined on wonderful delights from Plum Catering, and drinks from Germantown local, Mother Superior Ferments kombucha. We were delighted to hear from several board members and to have our new Board President Ingrid Shepard, share her vision for the GSSD as it transitions into the next phase of the 5-year plan. We were proud to see such a diverse crowd from the community attend, and are looking forward to next year's meeting.
Highlights of this year included:
1. Introduction of Avenue Ambassadors
2. A review of the successful launch of the Curb Appeal Project
3. The debut of our annual awards
4. Closing remarks from Councilwoman Cindy Bass
5. A highlight of #GoodThingsInGermantown - the events taking place in Germantown and bringing people into the district, some of which are sponsored by the GSSD.